!( - )

!( - )

March 3, 2014

Mini Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies--Gluten-Free





This recipe has been a long time coming to my blog, and though I can't eat these cookies on my current restrictive diet, I wanted to share the recipe with you all!

I'm thinking I saw this recipe originally on Facebook--you know, one of those "share it now!" things... They were called "Meltaways," and considering that they were a complete, runny flop when I made them, the recipe is obviously intended for "glutenized" flour. They need all that glue to hold them together! No way could I drop blobs of the batter on a pan and then flatten them with the bottom of a glass, without them all turning into one giant puddle as soon as they meet the oven. (Which may be what actually happened...)

So I've come up with the cutest, tastiest gluten-free alternative! (Warning: you may eat 10 of these at a time...)

Mini Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies--Gluten-Free


You'll need:
1 cup butter
¾ cup cornstarch
¾ cup powdered sugar
1 cup gluten-free flour
A little milk

1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

2) Cream the butter until it's fluffy (if you don't know how to cream butter, Youtube is very helpful with that, which may be how I know how to do it now...).

3) Mix the cornstarch and sugar into the creamed butter.

4) Beat in the flour until all is mixed well.

5) If the mixture is too dry, add a little milk (a common occurrence with gf flour).

6) Drop small portions of the batter into a mini muffin tin--about 1/3-1/2 full.

7) Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.

8) Once they have cooled, ice with canned cream cheese or chocolate icing.


I actually discovered that my favorite version was when I put both chocolate and cream cheese icing on them. Ohhhh my. (I'm sorry I don't have a picture of that amazing combo.)


I tried this with a regular cupcake pan, and it took forever for them to bake, and they just didn't taste the same. The mini cupcake pan worked perfectly for containing the runny batter, and smaller portions of the batter allowed them to bake all the way through. Such cute little deliciousness!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Comments make me happy, and I strive to reply to every one. I almost always reply by email so I can be sure you see my reply, so please make sure you're not a no-reply blogger!