!( - )

!( - )

February 10, 2014

Gluten-Free Strawberry Cream Cheese Tortillas


When you're gluten free, sometimes you really just want something easy and insanely tasty. But no just grabbing a danish or a doughnut for us...

I discovered a while back that corn tortillas are so versatile, and I've showed you how to use them to make fries. Of course they're also perfect as a bread substitute and fried up in a pan. But I also discovered this super simple, incredibly delicious snack/breakfast/dessert. (As I like to say, when you're gluten free you can eat more!)

Unfortunately I'm currently on a diet that doesn't allow corn or dairy (health diet, not lose-weight diet), which I plan to expound on when the time is right, so I can't eat this right now. But I wanted to share this recipe with you!

Gluten-Free Strawberry Cream Cheese Tortillas


You'll need:
2 corn tortillas (I only know of small ones--if you have big ones, then one would be plenty)
Butter
A few strawberries cut up
Cream Cheese
Powdered Sugar


1) Lightly butter one side of each tortilla and spread some cream cheese on the other side of the tortillas--which I realize is pretty messy. ;) The amount of cream cheese is totally up to you--I lean toward more rather than less, of course. Place each tortilla, butter side down, in a skillet on medium heat.
2) Place the strawberries on half of each tortilla and sprinkle with powdered sugar. 
3) With a spatula, fold each tortilla in half--obviously with the strawberry side on the bottom.
4) Let the tortillas fry for about 3 minutes on each side, depending on how hot your pan is and how crispy you like them.
5) Remove from the pan and sprinkle with powdered sugar.


Oh. my. goodness. These are amazing. A-mazing. Needless to say, I highly recommend them. And want them now.... So please go enjoy some for me, and do let me know how you like them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Comments make me happy, and I strive to reply to every one. I almost always reply by email so I can be sure you see my reply, so please make sure you're not a no-reply blogger!