!( - )

!( - )

January 27, 2014

Cheesy Chicken Happiness


Well, I'm sick on this lovely winter day and hoping I can manage this post of deliciousness for you. Cause this dish is da bomb.

The amazing recipe is from the Plain Chicken blog, and you can see it here. I found it through Pinterest. :)

 Cheesy Honey Mustard Chicken

You'll need:

4 thawed chicken breasts or several tenders
Lemon pepper to taste
1/2 cup Dijon mustard
3/4 cup honey
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp paprika
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
4 Tbsp bacon bits (I used Oscar Mayer)

Steps:

1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees. (The most important step! ;)

2) Place the chicken in a baking dish and season with lemon pepper and then a mixture of the Dijon mustard, honey, lemon juice, and paprika.

3) Bake for 20-25 minutes, then remove, sprinkle with bacon bits and cheese, and then put back in the oven for about 10 minutes.

Post-baking, pre-cheese and bacon.

Post-cheese and bacon, pre-last 10 minutes.


All done. :)

Oh, and make sure to drizzle the chicken in the leftover sauce when you eat it. ;) I highly recommend having this with rice (I use Minute rice), green beans or salad, and sauteed mushrooms.


I just sautee the mushrooms in butter and soy sauce--just make sure the soy sauce specifically says gluten free on it, if you're wanting that of course.


And simple as that stuff is, it is amazing.



This meal is quite close to my favorite meal at Texas Steakhouse, which is like, one of my favorite meals ever. So yeah, this recipe is pretty awesome. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Comments make me happy, and I strive to reply to every one. I almost always reply by email so I can be sure you see my reply, so please make sure you're not a no-reply blogger!