!( - )

!( - )

October 10, 2016

Vintaged: the New Katya Valera Collection



Introducing the new Fall/Winter 2016 Collection at Katya Valera: Vintaged! Each of the forty-five bohemian, minimalist, and statement pieces in this exclusive collection features vintage or vintage-style components to add decades' or even centuries' old inspiration to a modern design.

There are dozens of necklaces and earrings (and one bracelet ;) in gold, bronze, silver, and gunmetal in all different price ranges and each with a "Vintaged" touch, of course. 

I am extra excited about this collection, as you'll see why below, and here are just a few of the highlights:

"Laced," available here

"Architectured" available here

"Marbled" available here

"Cat-Eyed" available here

"Gemmed" available here

"Hooped" available here

"Pendulumed" available here

"Jeweled" available here

"Renaissanced" available here

"Victorianed" available here

"Flourished" available here

"Peacocked" available here


"Bronzed" available here

"Eightied" available here

"Regencied" available here

"Petaled II" available here

And finally, my absolute favorite pieces, not just from this collection but of all the jewelry I've ever made in nearly five years of Katya Valera!


These four fabric necklaces are very special to me for a couple of reasons. First, these are my first necklaces incorporating fabric, something I dreamed of and planned for many months before the necklaces became reality. In addition, every fabric necklace in this collection features vintage fabric inherited from my great-grandmother, a talented, prolific seamstress with her own deep love of crafting. I am so happy to give just a little bit of her fabric new life in these pieces and think she would be pleased with them.

"Damasked" available here

"Floraled" available here

"Gardened" available here

"Patchworked" available here

If you haven't gotten a chance to take a look at the full collection, you can find it all in my shop right here!

"Vintaged" now concludes a full year of releasing seasonal collections, my first year doing so. I cannot convey to you the time, planning, scheming, and work that went into each of these three collections: "Reborn" for the spring, then "Drops of Summertime," and now "Vintaged" for the fall and winter (all of which you can browse in my shop). That's around 125 brand new pieces planned around specific themes, designed, made, photographed, edited, and listed. (When you put it that way, it sounds way too simple....) Each collection took months of work and was proceeded by my other new launch, KV Wishbox, my jewelry box that let you browse each collection early and choose up to three pieces at a huge discount, a venture that also entailed a massive amount of work.

All that to say, I have no doubt worked harder on Katya Valera this year (and the end of 2015 leading up to it) than I ever have! And I have to say that it was honestly a blast. While at this point I don't have immediate plans of continuing to release seasonal collections or the KV Wishbox in its original format, I am so glad I latched onto those ideas and went for them; they haunted my thoughts for weeks before they even began to meet reality. My overflowing creativity got some extra chances to play, and it was wonderful.

As if all that I just listed wasn't enough work fun for this year (I said 2016 would be big!), I still have some super exciting new jewelry designs headed to the shop very soon, and I also have some HUGE plans for Katya Valera's 5 year anniversary coming up December 9th. That's right, somehow we've been doing this thing for five years (longer than Daniel and I have been married, which is just weird to think about!). And KV Wishbox may be reborn in the near future as well. ;)

So you most definitely want to stay tuned to see what else could possibly be happening at Katya Valera. It may be fall, but this year isn't over yet! Be sure to follow along on Facebook and/or Instagram so that you don't miss out on any of these developments coming over the rest of the year. And in the meantime, feel free to do some browsing in the shop--it's definitely not too early to get some early Christmas shopping out of the way ... which I'm all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Comments make me happy, and I strive to reply to every one. I almost always reply by email so I can be sure you see my reply, so please make sure you're not a no-reply blogger!