!( - )

!( - )

June 24, 2014

The Skirt That Was Secretly a Dress: 1 Maxi Skirt 2 Ways

I'm excited to finally get to share another fashion post with you guys--it feels like it's been forever. (Checking the records, it's been just over a month, which is a long time in blog world.) And just in case you're wondering about the outcome of yesterday's post, I took the supplement again last night as planned and the symptoms were much eased off today, so we're going with the deodorant as the culprit. And if you didn't read that post, you're super lost right now... ;)

So anyway! I always wondered why this skirt had such a wide waistline--I'm talking several inches. Then it hit me--it needs to be a dress toooo! :)


So sure enough, I decided to let it be both. It's so stretchy and comfy--I love it.



It was really windy... ;)


And I'm still attached to my midi rings. ;)

I am way too unsure of where I got all these pieces to list that, but I do know that the rings are from Claire's of course, and I made the above necklace and bracelet. ;)

And then the maxi became a midi...





Needless to say, I am thrilled with my discovery, made just in time for summer. Plus, when I had skin surgery on my leg, it was all wrapped up and I couldn't wear my beloved skinny jeans. So maxi dresses and such have become very popular with me as of late. Lucky for me they're "in" right now. ;)

Are you into maxi skirts? 
Do you have a maxi skirt you like to double as a dress? 






P.S. Linking up with Trend Spin Link Up, Monday Bloom, Manic Monday here and here, I Would So Rock This, Style Sessions, Random Wednesday

6 comments:

  1. That color is awesome on you. I love it as a dress too!! I love maxi skirts - Gap makes a really good one, although it's usually on the pricey side. They had a huge sale last fall and I must have bought 5 of them ;) You can never have too many maxi skirts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Me too--they are definitely priceless when it comes to summertime! =)

      Delete
  3. wow! i love how you wore it both ways! what very pretty outfits and that dress is sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thank you so much! I was pretty excited with the new-found versatility, that's for sure! :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Comments make me happy, and I strive to reply to every one. I almost always reply by email so I can be sure you see my reply, so please make sure you're not a no-reply blogger!