!( - )

!( - )

October 27, 2014

How They Do Fall in North Carolina

Well, lo and behold, what we planned to do this weekend actually happened! (Unlike last weekend ... and most of the time when I make plans.) I said on Friday we were hoping to go to the fair on Saturday, and my body did it. But that also meant it didn't do (and won't be doing) much of anything the next couple days. Oh my gosh, I felt like death the next day. The fair was massive, and I don't know when the last time was I walked that much--not even the weekend before at the mall.

But it was worth it! I hadn't been to a state fair in well over 10 years I'd say, and that was back in WV. So this was quite the adventure and, obviously, the first time Daniel and I got to go to something like this! (Besides the much smaller but even more awesome festival we went to earlier this year.) But as anxious as I was about my body cooperating, we were so excited to go on this adventure! And the weather was gorgeous!

And of course my iPhone came along for the ride ... so queue the photo dump. :)




Our day started with a small concert from Kari and Billy. They were pretty good! The music was awesome, and he sounded like a cross between Brad Paisley and Luke Wheeler on Nashville. ;)













Of course there was nothing for someone like me to eat, but Daniel managed to find something. ;)


And finding the cows was a must... Farm girl here.

Charolais are notoriously my favorite. :)

And a baby! ;) Which, if my sister and I had been in charge of naming it 20 years ago, would have been called "calfie." ;D

So this Grateful Heart Monday, I am grateful for another awesome Saturday with my Daniel. I hardly ever get to go places, much less an all-day date for us, so it was yet another priceless weekend. :)

Ember Grey: Grateful Heart


Image Map

7 comments:

  1. It makes my heart SO happy to know you were able to experience the fair this year!! Beautiful pictures, Kacie! :) (So cute that Daniel found some yummy food!) I hope you get some good rest these next few days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great weekend and it's so awesome you got to spend it the way you wanted! Your pictures are so pretty! I love those flowers--they almost look fake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah! I know--that's what I thought. So many of the roses were almost glowing! It was crazy!

      Delete
  3. Wow! So many great things! I am so glad you got to enjoy that weather and those flowers and good company!! :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Abigail! It really was so nice to be out! :)

      Delete
  4. So fun to do something like this when it's been such a long time! I'm glad you had a blast! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes--and walking into where the cows were being judged make me feel 6 years old again. It was a nice feeling. ;) Thanks, Rebecca! :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Comments make me happy, and I strive to reply to every one. I almost always reply by email so I can be sure you see my reply, so please make sure you're not a no-reply blogger!