!( - )

!( - )

December 22, 2014

One Lovely Day



Today, you're getting a double-header post! First, a happy thing: I've been nominated by dear Sarah (thanks, honey! :) for One Lovely Blog Award :D so I wanted to cover that before I forget.

The rules:
~ Display the award logo at the top of your post [Close enough, right? I used my own first. ;)]
~ Thank the person who nominated you and leave a link to their blog in your post
~ Add these set of rules to your post so that your nominees will know what to do
~ Add 7 facts about yourself into the post
~ Nominate 7 other blogs and leave links to each of them in your post
~ Let the people you have nominated know that they have been nominated
~ Follow the person back who nominated you on Bloglovin’ and GFC (if you have one)


Since I've already shared facts about myself here, here, and here, this is going to be a bit harder.

1 || I am not a huge fan of the holidays. You can find out why here. And I've tried to remedy that a bit by rounding up all the Christmas music I do like and playing it all over and over, which music I shared here.

2 || I've discovered I tend to use two phrases a lot: "as big as Texas" and "in the history of the world." All about hyperbole evidently.

3 || I personally think rhyming dictionaries are a joke. You really need a book to tell you that "follow" rhymes with "hollow" and "swallow"? You can't think that up yourself? I met a songwriter once who always traveled with a massive rhyming dictionary and regular dictionary. Really? I'm sorry, if you really need all that...

4 || While I am considered a grammar freak (only "real" jobs I've ever had were proofreading and editing), I have absolutely no problem with splitting infinitives and ending sentences with prepositions. I also find placing a comma before the word "too" very annoying and unnecessary, regardless of what Chicago might say. (Does anyone even know what I'm talking about?)

5 || You will pretty much never see me wear a graphic tee. I can't stand them--they're so not nice looking, no matter what they're paired with. Even if there's one whose subject matter I love, I'll still never wear it. They're in the same ball park as tennis shoes. Nothing about them is my style. A good rule to go by: Would they sell something like it in Cato? If not, then Kacie probably wouldn't wear it.

6 || Nashville is like my favorite show ever. It ties only with Friends. And a runner up would be The Lawrence Welk Show. :)

7 || I am (at least currently) all about gold and clear. Yep. And I made myself my dream necklace the other day:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/215839156/gold-double-strand-clear-teardrop?ref=shop_home_active_1

Don't worry, I made one for my shop too--you can get it here!

Now I nominate:
~ Elizabeth at Elizabeth Loves
~ Emily at Ember Grey
~ Mary at Eat, Drink, and Be Mary
~ Joey at Hodges Podges
~ Katie at Life Is...
~Claire at Refining Bliss
~ Abigail at Rites of Asylum

Second: another happy thing! ;) Keeping with my Grateful Heart tradition, I just had to share about yesterday evening, when Daniel and I had our Christmas. :) (Yes, and he gave me a couple of the gifts earlier too. ;) So this is partly brag-on-Daniel time (though I may have had a hand in the choices...) and also the overwhelming need to share all this gold-ness going on:


A white and gold really warm and soft blanket, lots of gold jewelry, yellow-gold wallet, wristlet from Thimble and Tag...


Love & Misadventure by Lang Leav (a poetry book I'd seen amazing snippets of on Tumblr and really wanted), a water resistant speaker to listen to music from my iPhone in the shower :D, and more jewelry. (Yes, I buy/receive big earrings that I would totally love to wear if I could and make them into necklaces instead. :)


And behold: the most beautiful necklace in the history of the world (yes, surpassing even the gold and clear one above):


Want to see Kacie summed up in a necklace? Here it is. Plus it's vintage!! And here I have all this new jewelry, including pieces I'm making for myself, and this may be the only necklace I wear all through Christmas...

Oh and then we had cake. :D Our little tradition used to be to have ham and egg cups and gluten-free cinnamon cake with cream cheese icing for Christmas breakfast. That didn't happen last year as I was in the middle of my Repairvite Diet, and I wasn't sure I'd get to make it again. But on Saturday (you know, the day before our Christmas ;) even though I still can't eat 8 things (gluten, dairy, soy, corn, refined sugar, nuts [except cashews], nightshades, and yeast) I decided to try it with some substitutions. And while it turned out looking completely different and more like a lava cake, it was still really good. And armed with Brittany Angell's new book, which I raved about here, I was able to try making her version of "cream cheese" icing. Well now...


So I'm grateful for a lovely "Christmas" Day with Daniel in which I was able to be up and do things with him allll day. The little things are huge. :)

Ember Grey: Grateful Heart


Image Map

1 comment:

  1. waaaait wait wait. There's such a thing as a rhyming dictionary??? hahaha! I had no idea! Do you have one?! How did this even come about? Seriously, props to you for truly coming up with something random, I love it! And WOW- your hubby did a GREAT job getting Christmas gifts for you!! He knows you very well :) Thanks for the nomination, lady! I hope you guys continue to enjoy the rest of the week!! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Comments make me happy, and I strive to reply to every one. I almost always reply by email so I can be sure you see my reply, so please make sure you're not a no-reply blogger!