!( - )

!( - )

May 21, 2014

Easy Fried Broccoli

In the time I've spent on the Repairvite diet to heal my gut (over 5 months and still going, with a few experiments to see what I can handle lately), I've ended up with a few meals that I have over and over and over. Once established in my daily life, I don't think twice about them and just mentioned this easy side in passing in the Honey Balsamic Chicken recipe that I shared a while back. Well thanks to a sweet commenter, I realized I should probably share that with you guys!



Easy Fried Broccoli (Gluten-free, Dairy-free)

You'll need:
Broccoli cut up (I used about 1 1/2 cups here)
Olive oil
Sea salt
Ground pepper
Garlic (I recommend McCormick brand for these spices, as that brand is gluten-free)
Basil

Steps:
1) Put the broccoli in a skillet on high heat.


2) Drizzle olive oil over the broccoli. (I never measure things--sorry. But the amount depends on the amount of broccoli--you don't want the broccoli to be anywhere close to swimming in it, so just a drizzle all over.) Then sprinkle a few pinches of salt, and pepper, garlic, and basil to taste. I use a little pepper and plenty of garlic and basil.


3) Reduce the heat to medium-high and move the broccoli around with a spatula.


4) The broccoli will get crispier over the course of about 10 minutes, during which time you'll stir the pieces around every couple of minutes and gradually reduce the heat. The crispier the better. :)



All done! As I mentioned, this goes great with Honey Balsamic Chicken, or really any chicken for that matter. ;)




Healthy and easy! (As usual, the hardest part is cutting up the broccoli to begin with. Which my husband frequently does for me. <3) Enjoy!




12 comments:

  1. THAT looks absolutely delicious. Broccoli is one of my favorites, anyway, but I've never fried it.

    Country Girl's Daybook: Jesus, Photography, Fashion, & Food

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been another invaluable addition to my regular meals. Thanks so much for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. yummy!!! I am stopping by to say hello and wish you happiness. It is nice getting to know new people through the group giveaway at the Freckled Fox. I hope you will share this post at my hop tomorrow.

    Hugs, Katherine

    P.S> following you on facebook and twitter now ( wink)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM!! This looks so good and easy. Easy recipes are my favorite. I can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum. So easy and delish. I love roasted broccoli. I'm going to try it this way for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thanks so much for stopping by, Jo-Lynne! :)

      Delete
  5. I use scissors to cut my broccoli. So. much. faster!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm, now that's a thought! Thanks so much for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  6. Yummy! Reading through the ingredients I thought, "Perfect! Simple and easy, and tasty!" And then I saw basil. The yum factor jumped up about 1 million percent. I love basil!! :)
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Delicious Dish Tuesday! Can't wait to see what you bring to us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so excited about this that I am going to pick up some broccoli this afternoon. I was worried that it was going to be a really unhealthy recipe but it's not so bad. It looks excellent. Pinning!

    V
    Life+1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay! No, you can rest assured, if I put a recipe on here, it's healthy! I hope you love it, and thanks so much for pinning! :D

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Comments make me happy, and I strive to reply to every one. I almost always reply by email so I can be sure you see my reply, so please make sure you're not a no-reply blogger!