!( - )

!( - )

May 17, 2014

Weekend Wrap Up + Small Business Week

So I've crammed a whole lot of info into this Fibromyalgia Awareness Week.

I shared my health story up to October of last year:

http://katyavalerajewelry.blogspot.com/2014/05/fibromyalgia-awareness-week-my-story.html

I shared the amazing treatment I discovered, all the problems I was actually found to have, why "Fibromyalgia" is just a label, and why there's hope for everyone diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, CFS, and similar illnesses. If you read nothing else from this whole week-long series, please read this post:

http://katyavalerajewelry.blogspot.com/2014/05/hope-in-nightmare-fibromyalgia-is-just.html

I outlined all the ways I've improved since starting treatment just over six months ago:

http://katyavalerajewelry.blogspot.com/2014/05/my-new-every-day-how-i-am-now.html

And I attempted to reassure you guys that there's a lot more to who I am than health issues:

http://katyavalerajewelry.blogspot.com/2014/05/its-not-all-i-am-but-its-still-me.html

I hope you guys learned something more about life with chronic illness, more about me, and how you (if you're sick) or someone you know that's sick can find real treatment for these problems. And can I just say that I'll be relieved to not have to type the word Fibromyalgia twelve times in every post for a week? Hardest word ever to type correctly on the first try!

Anyway, as if Fibromyalgia Awareness Day being this week didn't already make the week me enough, it's also Small Business Week! So I did want to remind you guys of my own small business that I'd love for you to take a look at and support ;) and also send you in the direction of a few of my favorite small businesses:


1) Flowerleaf: I bragged about this shop a while back, and it remains one of my favorite Etsy shops ever. Not to mentioned that Jocelyn is so sweet! Browse her shop and be blown away...

2) Retro Revival Boutique: I've also bragged about this shop at least once here on my blog. And Jonnie, the owner, is as friendly as her pieces are unique and lovely. I may own more than one piece from her shop...

3) Regal Cottage: I haven't gotten the chance to talk about this shop on here yet, but you'll be hearing more about it from me soon!

4) BigSis LilSis Boutique: I featured this shop on my blog a while back with my matryoshka makeup bag. And even though the sweet owner is going through a transition phase with her shop, the piece I featured above is still available and you should really take a look.

5) Carolyn Cochrane Photography: There are a ton of photography shops on Etsy, but this one keeps standing out to me. Gorgeousness is overflowing on every page of her shop.

Please take a second to at least do some looking around to support one of these small businesses--you might find something you love, love, love! :)

So tell me, did you guys like learning more about the health side of my life this week? Is there somebody you know who could benefit from the treatment I shared? Did you support a small business this week? Please share with me some of your favorite Etsy shops! :) 
Have a great weekend, you guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Comments make me happy, and I strive to reply to every one. I almost always reply by email so I can be sure you see my reply, so please make sure you're not a no-reply blogger!