!( - )

!( - )

December 9, 2014

MLT IX: Happy for Deep People



If you know me at all, you know that I love music. And if you really know me, you know that I am all about the sad songs. Hear me out:

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/121104677454699841/

I know nothing about Dr. Who, but no quote has ever described me more. As I put it to a friend once, I do happy weird. Old things make me sad-happy, and similarly, sad songs make me happy in a way happy songs can't. It's part of being a creative, melancholy-temperament introvert. Even back when I was an early teenager, I placed in a poetry contest with a piece about an old, crumbling, abandoned house. That's just where my creativity goes: "sad" and deep. I have always been that way and really can't imagine not being so.

So today, I give you the best 10 sad songs! Not to be confused with the top 10 saddest songs, no, these are my favorites of the sad ones. Feel me? ;)

Now, if you're most people, you may find this playlist depressing. (Sorry!) But if you're weird like me, you'll have a deep kind of happiness listening to these. :)

10~ "Cry," Kelly Clarkson



9~ "You're Just a Country Boy," Alison Krauss



8~ "I Know You By Heart," Eva Cassidy



7~ "Go," Kate York

Youtube fails me on this one, but you can preview and get it here

6~ "Been a Long Day," Rosi Golan



5~ "I Will Never Forget You," Danielle Bradbery



4~ "Last Kiss" Taylor Swift



3~ "Say Something," A Great Big World & Christina Aguilera



2~ "Blue Sky," Emily West



1~ "One Moment More," Mindy Smith




Beautiful. :)

What would you add to this list?
Anyone else out there do happy weird?


Image Map

1 comment:

  1. I think sad songs are actually more beautiful in their melancholy. I always think about the words more when I listen to them and they just seem more soulful, ya know. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Comments make me happy, and I strive to reply to every one. I almost always reply by email so I can be sure you see my reply, so please make sure you're not a no-reply blogger!