!( - )

!( - )

December 31, 2014

Wellness Wednesday: My Health Squad



I've made a lot of changes in the health realm in the past year. This time last year, I was in the midst of the Repairvite Diet and hadn't even begun the quest to remove chemicals from my life. Now, I'm in the midst of cutting chemicals and adding all kinds of practices to my life that I didn't even know existed a year ago.

So here's a convenient overview of the things I've changed/added to my life to benefit my health (or lack thereof) up until now:

Diet |
No gluten, dairy, corn, soy, refined sugar, yeast, nightshades, or nuts (besides cashews). I may start trying a couple of nightshades and nuts over time to see how I handle them now, but besides that, these restrictions work best for me and my autoimmune needs. And while I definitely still have plenty of issues, my stomach feels so much better not eating these foods.

Some of my favorite meals lately:
Lemon Garlic Chicken Salad
Allergy-Friendly Pepperoni Pizza
Bacon and Egg McGriddle
Crockpot Balsamic Chicken

Brands I can't get enough of:
Larabars, particularly Blueberry Muffin
So Delicious Coconut Milk Ice Cream
Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Bars and Mini Chocolate Chips

And invaluable resources:
Empowered Sustenance
Brittany Angell-- get her book here, and read my take on it here

Products |
Makeup, lip gloss, and lotion: 100% Pure (see full review here)
Shampoo: Morrocco Method (see my full review here)
Hand soap: Common Good (see my full review here)
Body soap: Kirk's Original Coco Castile Bar Soap
Coconut oil for shaving (see full review here)
Toothpaste: Redmond Earthpaste (though I also made my own out of baking soda and coconut oil for a while)
Hand Sanitizer: Cleanwell All-Natural Hand Sanitizer
The Squatty Potty: for real. You need this.
Himalayan Salt Lamp for air purification and more (explained here)
Beeswax candles for air purification (explained here)
F.lux free computer screen software (explained here)
Grounding/Earthing mats for home and the car (learn more here)
Shower filter
BPA-free water bottles 

Routine |
You already know I hate routine and schedules. But there are a few things I do my best to keep in there:
Oil pulling first thing daily (full explanation here)
Apply magnesium oil twice daily (explained here)
Drink warm lemon water with a little pink Himalayan salt before breakfast (explained here)
Vitamin D-3 daily
Rebounding twice daily (explained here) and deep breathing for lymphatic system health (explained here)
T-Tapp twice weekly (more here)

And believe it or not, there are still all kinds of things I want and need to add to my routine (including this and these) and of course all kinds of new recipes I want to try, particularly from Brittany Angell's book. I'm not really much better than I was this time a year ago, but I just added several of the above items to my routine and so haven't had time to gauge their effectiveness for me yet. But I already feel rather relieved knowing I'm doing them. Plus I'll be seeing a new doctor in February. So hopefully this year goes much much better in the health department than last year ... and the past three years.

All these things are by no means only for people who are sick. Those who are healthy have no less reason to take care of their bodies than those who are sick, so I highly recommend everything on this list for even those without health issues! :)

Have you tried/are you trying any of the above things?
Are there any chemical-free products you love?


Image Map

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Comments make me happy, and I strive to reply to every one. I almost always reply by email so I can be sure you see my reply, so please make sure you're not a no-reply blogger!