!( - )

!( - )

December 17, 2014

Wellness Wednesday: Crockpot Balsamic Chicken

If you've been following Life, KV Style for a while, this recipe may look familiar to you. And that's because it's a faster, easier version of one of my favorite recipes that I shared several months ago. And I'm all about easy + healthy meals! Crockpots are definitely my friend. :)


Crockpot Balsamic Chicken

You'll need: 
6-8 chicken breasts or 10-12 tenders
1/2-3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
4 Tbsp. olive oil
2-3 tsp. garlic powder
a few pinches of salt (I use pink himalayan salt)
a few pinches of pepper
just enough water to cover the bottom of the crockpot

1) Place all the ingredients in the crockpot on high for 6 hours. (Don't forget to use a crockpot liner if you use those--much recommend.)

You know that's about it, right? ;)

For the optional sauce:

You'll need:
3 Tbsp. olive oil
4-5 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1/4-1/3 cup honey
a couple pinches of salt and pepper

1) Heat the oil in a skillet on medium/medium high and add the balsamic vinegar. Stir it around.
2) Once it's warmed (about 30 seconds), add the honey. Stir it around.
3) Once the mixture starts bubbling (takes a minute or two) add the salt and pepper and stir again. Remove from heat or it will burn.



You can either place the finished chicken in the sauce and stir the pieces around to coat them, or use the sauce as a dip or dressing. I like to use it as a dip but in this instance just drizzled it on the chicken and rice. As with most things, it's great served with rice and Easy Fried Broccoli.


Soo easy. And I'll probably be eating a lot of this over Christmas. :)

P.S. Linking up with Delicious Dish Tuesday.


Image Map

1 comment:

  1. That looks awesome! I can never not save crockpot recipes. My husband loves the balsamic pulled pork that I make, but now we're a little tired of it. I'll have to do this one instead!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Comments make me happy, and I strive to reply to every one. I almost always reply by email so I can be sure you see my reply, so please make sure you're not a no-reply blogger!